Alomune – Life at home without mom. Available at Alomune.com
We see that without mom this household can’t function and mom tells us how Alomune keeps her healthy. The name of the actor that plays the boy is Justin Ellings. The names of the actors that play the mom and the dad are unknown. If you know the names of these actors please leave a comment below.
What this advertisement says:
(Mom): If I’m not healthy, it’s chaos.
(Dad, boy): Where’s mom? Dude, where’s your clothes? No clean ones.
(Mom): 70% of your immune system is in your gut. The prebiotic fiber in Alomune promotes digestive health and is clinically proven to naturally activate my immune system. Now there is a product that does both so I can stay healthy and contain the chaos.
(Announcer): Stay healthy with Alomune now at drugstores and super-centers near you.
Claims and their actual meaning:
- What the commercial said: If I’m not healthy, it’s chaos / prebiotic fiber in Alomune promotes digestive health and is clinically proven to naturally activate my immune system / there is a product that does both so I can stay healthy and contain the chaos / I can stay healthy
- What many people may assume this means: If I use Alomune I will stay healthy / I will not get sick
- What it all means:
- “If I’m not healthy, it’s chaos“: Mom never says that Alomune will keep her healthy, or that it does keep her healthy. Instead she is making a statement that when she is not healthy, there is chaos in the home. It is up to the viewer to make the assumption or jump to the conclusion that she uses Alomune to prevent illness.
- “prebiotic fiber in Alomune promotes digestive health and is clinically proven to naturally activate my immune system”: This claim is clear, and the www.Alomune.com website does have data that supports the claim, however “promoting digestive health” and “activate my immune system”, does not meant “makes my digestion more healthy” or “makes my immune system better”; It is important to note the carefully chosen words “promoting” and “activate“.
- “I can stay healthy“: This statement is not necessarily making the claim that “I will not get sick” nor does she say that using Alomune will make her stay healthy. Some people may find this statement to be a somewhat ambiguous or deceptive attempt to make the viewer think that “if I use Alomune I will stay healthy”
The fine print in this commercial:
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This legally required fine print means that the government (the US FDA) has not reviewed what is being claimed or said in this commercial and that Alomune is not supposed to treat, cure, or prevent any illnesses (disease). This seems to discount everything said during the commercial.
This television ad has a small amount deceptive wording that some people may feel is an attempt to make the viewer think that by using the product they will not get sick. The commercial also has fine print that appears to contradict the message that the commercial tries to convey.