Cold EEZE with Ted Karkus, CEO of ColdEEZE
In this commercial Ted Karkus the CEO of Cold EEZE tells us how Cold-EEZE works, guaranteed.
What Ted Karkus says:
Cold EEZE lozenges are clinically proven to shorten your cold. Our new Quick Melts also promote immune health from rose hips, echinacea and natural energy. Cold-Eeze zinc ions released in your mouth inhibit the cold virus from replicating while natural ingredients promote immune health, antioxidant support and energy.
I’m Ted Karkus, CEO of Cold-EEZE. I guarantee Cold EEZE will shorten your cold or your money back, no questions asked.
Claims made by Ted Karkus and what they really mean:
- What Ted Karkus said: Cold EEZE lozenges are clinically proven to shorten your cold
- What some people might think that means: If I use ColdEEZE my cold will be cured / If I use Cold EEZE I will get over my cold faster
- What it really means: Ted Karkus says Cold EEZE is clinically proven to shorten your cold. He does not say it will “cure” your cold. When he makes this statement, the following extremely difficult to read fine-print is shown on the screen:
These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration
This statement, which is required to be shown by law, means that there has been no federal review of this claim to determine if the claim is true or not.
Ted Karkus tells us that Cold EEZE is “Clinically proven” to shorten your cold, but the commercial gives us no information to back this claim. The Coldeeze.com website does have links to two studies, one from 1992 and another, from 1996 supporting the claim.
- What Ted Karkus said: Our new quick melts also promote immune health from rose hips, echinacea and natural energy
- What some people might think that means: Cold-EEZE will boost my immune system
- What it really means: The word “promote” is used and not “will improve” or “does improve”. “Quick melts also promote immune health” does not mean “quick melts improve immune health”.
- What Ted Karkus claims: I guarantee Cold EEZE will shorten you cold or your money back, no questions asked
- What some people might think that means: Cold-EEZE will cure my cold or I get my money back
- What it really means: The guarantee made by Ted Karkus is “will shorten your cold”. It is very difficult to measure if your cold is any longer or shorter while taking Cold Eeze than it would have been without taking Cold Eeze, but the company does make it easy to take advantage of the guarantee by following the conditions posted at the Coldeeze.com website, listed here:
As a consumer, if you are not satisfied with the results from taking Cold-EEZE®, please contact us to receive a full refund of your purchase price.
Limit: One return per family or per address, no PO boxes can be accepted and only applicable in the U.S. or Canada. In order to claim a refund, you must mail-in the package flap with the UPC scanner code along with the receipt/proof of purchase to ProPhase Labs, Inc., P.O. Box 1349, Doylestown, PA 18901.
You must also provide your name and mailing address for the refund check. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing
Is Cold EEZE Guaranteed To Work?
According to the conditions of the Cold-Eeze guarantee above, if you are not satisfied with Cold-EEZE, you will get back what you paid for ONE purchase. The recommended usage is 6 lozenges per day, which means that you may need to purchase more than one 18-lozenge box if your cold lasts more than 3 days. If this is the case, according to the wording of the guarantee you will only be refunded for the purchase of one box.
This commercial uses a small amount wording that could deceive some viewers, and the money back guarantee has some limitations that could also fool viewers.