DAP XHose Pro; “The Only One”
In this new commercial for the upgraded DAP XHose Pro expanding hose, Michael Berardi the inventor of the XHose tells us why the DAP XHose Pro is the original, and the best expanding hose.
Are you confused by all the expanding hoses on the market? Don’t be fooled by imitations.
Hi, I’m Michael Berardi. I’m the inventor of the X-Hose, the original blue expanding hose. In fact, i’ve been awarded two U.S. patents for my invention. My X Hose is the only patented expanding hose on the market and it bears the trusted DAP products name.
Now I’m very proud to introduce my new DAP X-Hose Pro. With solid brass fittings, a wider 3/4 inch diameter and constructed from even stronger materials. Works like my original X Hose. Just turn the water on and my XHose Pro automatically expands and expands and expands as you effortlessly guide it to where you need to go and when you’re finished my XHose Pro will automatically follow you back and contract for easy storage. My DAP XHose Pro is great for homeowners and professionals.
(Heiko Sommerer, Whiteglove Mobile Detailing): I own a mobile detailing company and this hose saves me a lot of time and energy on my job. It never kinks, it is super light weight, and hardly takes up any space in my trailer.
(Michael Berardi): This 50 foot 3/4 inch rubber hose weighs over 11 pounds. My 50 foot 3/4 inch XHose Pro weighs only about 2 pounds. My DAP XHose Pro is actually made from a tough, multi layered expandable inner hose and a folded outer covering made from durable super-strong webbing. Because of it’s patented design, my XHose Pro will never kink. Get my new DAP XHose Pro for only $29.95 but call right now and get a second XHose Pro free, just pay processing and handling. My DAP X Hose Pro also comes with a lifetime quality guarantee. If it ever fails just return it for a free replacement.
Durable solid brass fittings, super strong materials strong enough to pull and SUV! 3/4 inch diameter for a powerful spray and incredibly light so call now! I promise you’ll love it!
Claims and what they mean:
This commercial for the new XHose Pro makes most of the same claims as the original DAP Xhose. To see our review of the original DAP XHose commercial, please click here.
- What the commercial said: This 50 foot 3/4 inch rubber hose weighs over 11 pounds. My 50 foot 3/4 inch XHose Pro weighs only about 2 pounds
- What most people might think that means: The DAP Xhose is much lighter than a regular rubber hose and only weighs 2 pounds
- Is it true?: Based on online reviews, it does appear that the XHose Pro is much lighter than a standard rubber hose however the claimed weight of two pounds only applies when the hose is completely empty and not in use.
- What the commercial said: My DAP XHose Pro is actually made from a tough, multi layered expandable inner hose and a folded outer covering made from durable super-strong webbing
- What most people might think that means: The XHose Pro will never break because it is made of super strong and durable materials
- Is it true?: Based on online reviews the Xhose Pro does not appear to be strong or durable, but the commercial never actually makes the claim that it will never break or burst or that it is actually strong or durable – only, that it is made from “durable super strong webbing”
- What the commercial said: XHose Pro will never kink
- What most people might think that means: This hose will never kink
- Is it true?: Based on online reviews seems that indeed, the Xhose Pro does not kink
- What the commercial said: Get my new DAP XHose Pro for only $29.95 but call right now and get a second XHose Pro free
- What most people might think that means: I can get two 50 foot long Xhose Pros like in the commercial for only $29.95
- Is it true?: Even though the longer 50-foot Xhose is shown and mentioned throughout the commercial, the price of $29.95 is for the 25-foot Xhose. Also, as mentioned there are additional shipping and handling fees for both XHoses. To get the 50 foot Xhose Pro the cost is $49.95 plus $9.95 shipping and handling. To get your second, free Xhose you must pay an additional $9.95 shipping and handling. Your total cost for your Xhose (as shown in the commercial) and your second, free Xhose is $69.85 +Tax
- What the commercial said: My DAP X Hose Pro also comes with a lifetime quality guarantee. If it ever fails just return it for a free replacement
- What most people might think that means: If my X Hose Pro ever breaks, I can get a new one for free
- Is it true?: We are unable to find any details on the XHose Pro money back guarantee, other than what is shown on the “Lifetime Guarantee” logo/picture at the www.xhosepro.com website which reads: “Lifetime Guarantee – if it ever fails we’ll replace it! Just pay S&H”; This means that to get your new, free replacement, you will have to pay unspecified shipping and handling fees. There is also a line on the website that says the replacement guarantee only applies if you buy the Xhose Pro online or via telephone order (ie; not if you buy it at the store)
Update: Customer Service for DAP XHose and X Hose Pro
In response to comments and questions from our readers we have attempted to find the customer service phone number to request refunds or return information for the X Hose and XHose Pro. We have searched the X Hose website and we are unable to find any published telephone number for customer service. The DAP X Hose website is owned or managed by National Express Online, who’s published telephone number is 203-852-0024.
If you are able to find a better telephone number for customer support please leave a comment below.
The DAP XHose Pro commercial makes all of the same basic claims as the original XHose commercial. Some true, some deceptive, some may not be not true.DAP XHOSE Pro by R.W. Brown