Dump Cake Cook Book by TeleBrands, available from www.BuyDumpCakes.com
In this “As Seen On TV” infomercial / commercial Cathy Mitchell tells us all about Dump Cakes, how delicious they are and how easy they are to make. She then tells us about her new Dump Cakes Cook Book.
What Cathy Mitchell tells us about Dump Cakes and her cookbook:
You love delicious home made desserts but recipes can be complicated and take so long to make! Hi, Cathy Mitchell here with my new Dump Cake Cookbook!
Forget measuring, now you can easily make home made desserts in minutes. It’s as simple as dump, and bake for delicious desserts every time, guaranteed. Watch this, start with fruit, dump on your favorite cake mix, and finish with a can of soda, or you can use diet, for a guilt-free dessert. The just bake it in the oven for a delicious Ras and Peach dumpcake. Oh, so scrumptious. Look, your kids will devour this S’mores chocolate cake in a skillet, and easy? Here’s the cake mix, just dump on the good stuff. Chocolate chips, marshmallows, even chocolate cookies. Bake and wal-la, the best dessert ever. Now here’s one of my favorites. Just dump syrup, sugar, cinnamon, and nuts in a pan and then just layer in some biscuits, for fresh, warm sticky-buns. Just like grandma used to make.
You’ll even get Speedy Mug Recipes. Crushed Pineapple, Angel food cake-mix, one minute in the microwave and yummy pineapple upside dump-cake.
(Actress portraying a woman that makes dumpcakes): It really is mistake proof. You just dump and bake. I never knew home made desserts could be this easy.
(Cathy Mitchell): You don’t need to spend hours to make home made cakes, get my Dump Cake cookbook today for only $10 and you too can make Five Star Desserts in a flash. But wait! Call now and get my amazing Dump Dinner Cookbook. Easily make meals in minutes, like my Deeply Delish Pizza, mmm, mmm. Or my hearty beef and pasta dump dish, don’t even brown the beef. Dump in uncooked pasta and sauce, top with cheese, and cook. Your family will want a second helping.
(Actress portraying a woman that makes dump cakes): I made the Carmel Apple Dump Cake in just 20 minutes. It was the best dessert ever!
(Cathy Mitchell): You’ll get both cookbooks, Dump Cakes and Dump Dinners for just $10 with over 250 home made recipes. Here’s how to order.
Some claims made by Cathy Mitchell and the actual meaning:
- What she said: delicious desserts every time, guaranteed
- What some people might think that means: Every dessert from these cookbooks will be delicious or I get my money back.
- Dump Cakes Guarantee: The TV commercial displays a seal that reads “Delicious Desserts – GUARANTEED” and the website shows a “100% Satisfaction Guarantee” on the “Order Now” button.
Details of the Dump Cake Cookbook Guarantee:
Below are some excerpts from the details of the guarantee shown on the BuyDumpcakes.com website, and what they mean:
Your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed. If you are dissatisfied with any merchandise from Telebrands for any reason, simply return the product within 30 days for an easy refund of your purchase price, excluding shipping and handling.
This means that you have 30 days to return the cook books and get a refund of the ($10) purchase price. The refund does not include any shipping or handling fees (see below).
Send all returns to the address indicated on your packing slip/invoice. We suggest you ship returns to Telebrands via a GROUND method that can be tracked (UPS ground / FedEx Ground / USPS Priority mail
You must pay to ship the items back. You will not be refunded for your cost to ship the items back.
All items must be returned in their original packaging along with all accessories, parts, and instructions manuals that were shipped with your original order. Our 30-day return policy starts from the day your product is received. We need to have the return package postmarked within 30 days of the date that your item was delivered (regardless of what date the product was first used).
You must keep, and use the original packaging that came with the cookbooks and anything else that came with them.
If we receive your item back in our warehouse and it does not meet our return policy terms, then we may not issue you a refund or send you a replacement. Such a return also will not be sent back to you. Telebrands will not be responsible for loss or damage of return shipments
After you pay to ship everything back, if they decide that you did not “meet our return policy terms”, you will not get a refund, they will not send you a new one, and what you shipped to them will not be returned to you. If what you ship back gets lost or damaged during shipping, it will not be returned, and you will not be refunded.
- What Cathy Mitchell said: your kids will devour this S’mores chocolate cake in a skillet, and easy? Here’s the cake mix, just dump on the good stuff. Chocolate chips, marshmallows, even chocolate cookies. Bake and wal-la, the best dessert ever
- What some people might think that means: I can make a great smores dessert in only three steps, just like she did in the commercial.
- What it really means: When she is telling us how easy it is to make, she says “here’s the cake mix”. Notice that the cake mix has already been measured, liquid ingredients have been added, and it has already been beaten/throughly mixed, and poured into the skillet. All of these steps must also be done before the simple steps of simply dumping on the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- What the actress claims: It really is mistake proof. You just dump and bake
- What some people might think that means: These recipes are mistake proof / There is no way possible to make a mistake or mess up when making these desserts
- What it really means: The tossing of pre-boxed ingredients into a pan with chocolate chips, canned fruit, or other simple food items does appear to be mistake-proof. However some people might ask if it is possible to cook the items too long, or on too low or too high of a temperature. Others may point out, as with the S’mores example above, that it is possible to make a mistake while measuring, adding ingredients, and mixing the cake/mix batter, prior to simply tossing the other items in.
- What she claims: You don’t need to hours to make home made cake
- What some people might think that means: Any other cake will take hours to make.
- What it really means: Preparing a standard “box” cake-mix can usually be done in minutes. Even preparing fully “home made” or “from scratch” recipes would generally take far less than one-hour. Some people may also point out that the cook time for a “home made” cake vs the cook time of the same-sized Dump Cake will be nearly the same.
- What Cathy Mitchell tells us: get my Dump Cake cookbook today for only $10 / You’ll get both cookbooks, Dump Cakes and Dump Dinners for just $10
- What some people might think that means: I can get a Dump Cake cookbook and a Dump Dinners cook book, and I only have to send in $10, as she promised, twice.
- What it really means: When Cathy Mitchell is promising these great things for only $10, we can see on the screen, just under the giant “$10″ price shown, very small, fine-print that says “Plus S&H & separate fee”. This means that in addition to the $10 price you must also pay Shipping and Handling, and a “separate fee”. Neither Cathy Mitchell or the announcer at the end of the commercial give us any information about these additional costs, nor is there any other fine print on the screen with any details. It is not until you visit the www.BuyDumpCakes.com website that we can find out how much your $10 Dump Cake Cook Book will really cost.
How much does the $10 Dump Cake Cook Book really cost?
According to the details provided at www.BuyDumpCakes.com website, the Dump Cake Cook book is $10, plus $7.99 shipping and handling. The Dump Dinners Cook Book and “Orgreenic” fry pan (not mentioned in the infomercial) is free only after you pay $9.99 for shipping and handling. The total cost for your $10 Dump Cake and Dump Dinners Cookbook is in reality $27.98 ($10+$7.99+$9.99) almost 3 times more than what Cathy Mitchell said in the commercial.
This infomercial uses wording and leaves out details that some people may find to be very deceptive. Some people may also believe that a promised cost of $10, which is actually almost 3X more to also be very deceptive.