The Easy View HD Automobile Sun Visor by Digital Target Marketing. Available at www.EasyViewHD.com
In this commercial we see people struggling to drive their cars while being completely blinded by the sun and glare from oncoming cars. We are then shown how the EasyView HD Visor will make driving safe.
What this commercial says:
(Announcer): Uh oh. You’re behind the wheel and the sun is so bright you’re blinded by the light and can’t see a thing. Your visor doesn’t stop it so you dare to drive right into the glare (we hear the sound of a car-crash).
Stop blinding sun and dangerous glare with Easy View HD. The amazing, fast flip-down glare-blocker that blocks sun glare in a split second. Just slide EasyView HD on to any visor and that’s it, it stays sure and secure. No tools or assembly required. With just a flip you’ve got the sun and glare neutralizing protection you need at your fingertips.
Traditional car sun visors block your view and impede your vision. Easy View HD is made of clear acrylic that you can see right through with the perfect tint to diffuse light and glare so you can keep the road ahead in clear view.
Look. Morning sun makes it impossible to see but you always have a clear view with Easy View HD. With late afternoon glare you can’t see what’s ahead. But with Easy View HD you’ll be amazed at what you’ll see instead. It even reduces glare from oncoming headlights at night.
(Testimonial from actress playing a mother and EasyViewHD customer): I drive my kids from school every afternoon directly into the sun. But now with Easy View HD I can actually see and keep my family safe.
(Testimonial from actor portraying an Easy View HD user): I drive nearly 100 miles each day for work and with easy view HD I never have to squint into the sun.
(Actress playing the role of an older Easy View HD customer): With Easy View HD I’m a lot more comfortable and confident behind the wheel.
(Actor portraying a big-rig truck driver): I won’t even put my rig in gear without my Easy View HD in it.
(Announcer): Stop squinting and gazing into the sun and glare. Get the Easy View HD Glare Blocker so you can actually see and right now it’s yours for just $10. Whether it’s early morning sun, blinding afternoon light, or diffusing headlight-glare at night, you’ll use EasyView HD driving everywhere and there’s more! Order right now and we’ll double the offer and send a second Easy View HD for the passenger side and it’s yours free, just pay separate processing and handling. You get two Easy Glare HD Blockers a $30 value for just $10. Here’s how to order.
Claims in this ad and what they mean:
- What the commercial said: Stop blinding sun and dangerous glare with Easy View HD. The amazing, fast flip-down glare-blocker that blocks sun glare in a split second. Just slide EasyView HD on to any visor and that’s it, it stays sure and secure. No tools or assembly required
- What some people might think this means: The EasyView will stop the sun glare and I don’t need any tools to install it
- What it actually means: These claims, and most of the claims in this ad about the visor are clear, and without much room for deception. The company, Digital Target Marketing, clearly claims that the Easy View will block glare, and says you can install it easily.
- What the actors said: with Easy View HD I can actually see and keep my family safe. With easy view HD I never have to squint into the sun. With Easy View HD I’m a lot more comfortable and confident behind the wheel.
- What some people might think these claims mean: I need to buy this to keep my family safe. I will never have to squint in the sun and I will drive more confidently.
- What it really means: These do not appear to be actual Easy View users, and instead appear to be actors reading from a script intended to make viewers believe that if they do not buy this product they will not be keeping their families safe, or they cannot be confident/will be more confident while driving.
- What the commercial says: Get the Easy View HD Glare Blocker so you can actually see and right now it’s yours for just $10 / Order right now and we’ll double the offer and send a second Easy View HD for the passenger side and it’s yours free / You get two Easy Glare HD Blockers a $30 value for just $10
- What some people might think these claims mean: I can get two Easy Views and I only have to send in $10
- How much it actually costs: When the announcer first tells us the price, he says it is “just $10″, while on the screen in giant lettering we see “$10″, and below it, and fine-print, “Plus P&H” which means there is an additional “processing and handling” fee. When he tells us about the second one, free, he does say “just pay separate processing and handling” and at the end of the commercial, in closing the announcer states “you get two Easy Glare HD Blockers … for just $10″.
The real price for the Easy View HD
Even though the announcer does mention processing and handling fees one time, and fine-print about the “P&H” is shown on-screen three times, we are not told how much these fees are, instead we are only told “$10″.
When we visit the www.EasyViewHD.com website we can find the following details about the real price:
- The price for your first Easy View is $10
- The processing and handling fees for your first one is $7.95
- Your second “free” Easy View HD is $0, however there is an additional $7.95 processing and handling fee for your free one.
Total price for your two $10 Easy View HD glare blockers will be $25.90 ($10+$7.95+$7.95). This cost is just under $26 is over double what we are told in the TV commercial. If you live in Wisconsin, you will also have to pay additional sales tax and if you live outside the continental United States, you must pay $10 more.
Most of the claims about the product have little or no deception, however some people may feel than an actual “cost” of over double what that announcer tells us is extremely deceptive.