Lifestyle Lift featuring Debby Boone
While Debby Boone sings “You Light Up My Life” we are told how Lifestyle Lift can change your look and change your life.
What is said in the commercial:
(Debby Boone): Have you ever wanted to recapture your youth? Think about how amazing it would feel to look in the mirror and see yourself the way you looked years ago.
(Ted, Lifestyle customer): Before Lifestyle Lift, I would look in the mirror and I would see an aging man
(Skye, Lifestyle customer): But when I looked in the mirror I felt really old. I had the saggy neck, the jowls, and under my eyes I just felt like an old woman.
(Debby Boone): Something amazing happens when you change your look on the outside to match how you feel on the inside.
(Ted): I love my life now because when I look in the mirror I see the youthfulness that’s inside.
(Skye): Since my Lifestyle Lift I have no lines on my face. Everything’s just, it’s like when I was 20.
(Debby Boone): A Lifestyle Lift is customized to give you a natural looking result. Best of all the results are lasting.
(Announcer): Call today to receive your free information kit. The call is confidential, the information kit is free and there is no obligation.
Claims and phrases in this commercial and what they really mean:
- What the commercial said: Have you ever wanted to recapture your youth? Think about how amazing it would feel to look in the mirror and see yourself the way you looked years ago.
- What some people might think that means: If I get a Lifestyle Lift I will recapture my youth and I will feel amazing.
- What it really means: This statement is not a claim that you will recapture your youth or look amazing if you have a Lifestyle Lift, it is a question asking if you’ve ever wanted to do this and suggesting that you think about how amazing it would feel.
- What the commercial said: I love my life now because when I look in the mirror I see the youthfulness that’s inside.
- What some people might think that means: If I get a Lifestyle Lift I will love my life.
- What it really means: This statement is a testimonial from a Lifestyle Customer. It is not a statement that everyone who has a Lifestyle Lift done will love their life.
- What the commercial said: A Lifestyle Lift is customized to give you a natural looking result
- What some people might think that means: Lifestyle Lifts are better than a regular face lift or other cosmetic surgery because it’s customized. Other facelifts are not custom.
- What it really means: The commercial gives no detail about how the Lifestyle Lift is “customized”, however no surgical procedure is “off the shelf”, and would be done to your specific needs and characteristics. Many might think this statement is intended to make the Lifestyle procedure seem better than a regular facelift because it’s “custom”.
Disclaimers and fine-print
The following disclaimers and other fine print is displayed during this commercial:
Debby Boone “Paid Spokesperson”
Patient had Lifestyle Facial firming procedure Ft. Lauderdale, FL center
Patient had Lifestyle Lift Facial firming and brow lift procedure San Antonio, TX center
Patient had Lifestyle Lift facial, neck & eye firming procedure Las Vegas, NV center
Patient (Ted) had Lifestyle Lift facial, eye firming and brow lift procedure Troy MI center. Patient depicted is compensated. Paid testimonial
Patient (Skye) had Lifestyle facial, Naturalyn, neck, eye firming and brow procedures, Albuquerque, NM center. Patient depicted is compensated. Paid testimonial
Calls may be monitored
This Lifestyle Lift commercial uses only a little deceptive wording but the extensive use of difficult to read fine-print may lead some people to believe that they can achieve the results shown with a single “lift” instead of the multiple procedures described in the fine print.