The New InStyler – Buy One, Get One
This commercial for the New InStyler tells us how the Instyler can make our hair beautiful and shiny, and that if we act now we can try it for only $14.99 and buy one and get a second, free InStyler.
What’s Said In The Commercial:
What do you do when you have the number one styling tool in the world? You make it better.
Introducing the revolutionary InStyler Ionic Ceramic with 48% better results than the original. This breakthrough design combines our new black tourmaline ceramic barrel to smooth and polish hair for incredible shine. With two sets of ionic bristles that fight frizz and build amazing body for your most sexy, silky, shiny hair ever.
And just take our word for it. An independent lab study proved it. The Instyler is number one versus the leading flat iron and curling iron. It’s proven number one for fighting and controlling frizz, number one for straightening even number one for creating the ultimate shine. Faster, easier, and better than ever before.
The new Ionic Ceramic InStyler creates even heat distribution to turn frizzy damaged hair into silky, smooth, beautiful strands and because it also curls there’s no limit to what you can do. Big bold waves, tight, striking curls, full rich, bounce and body and sassy, sexy flips.
The new Instyler Ionic Ceramic. One tool does it all. Call right now and you can try the amazing Instyler Ionic Ceramic for 30 days for only $14.99. But that’s just the beginning. In the Instyler tradition we’re about to make this offer unbeatable. Call now and with your Instyler purchase you’ll receive a second Instyler absolutely free. That’s two Instylers for the price of one. How’s that for an unbeatable offer? This offer will never, ever be available in stores. Go to newinstyler.com or call 1-800-599-0216 right now.
- What the commercial said: Introducing the revolutionary InStyler Ionic Ceramic with 48% better results than the original.. An independent lab study proved it. The Instyler is number one versus the leading flat iron and curling iron. It’s proven number one for fighting and controlling frizz, number one for straightening even number one for creating the ultimate shine. Faster, easier, and better than ever before.
- What some people might think that means: The new Instyler is 48% better, 48% faster, and 48% easier than the older Instyler
- What it really means: This claim says that based an independent lab test at an un-named laboratory, the new InStyler was 48% better than the the “original” InStyler at fighting and controlling frizz, straightening hair and creating shine. The commercial does not say that it was proven better to be faster or easier than the older, original Instyler.
- What the commercial said: ..you can try the amazing Instyler Ionic Ceramic for 30 days for only $14.99. But that’s just the beginning.. Call now and with your Instyler purchase you’ll receive a second Instyler absolutely free. That’s two Instylers for the price of one.
- What some people might think that means: I can get two Instylers and I only have to pay $14.99
- What it really means: The commercial says “you can try” the Instyler for $14.99. It does not say “you can buy” it for $14.99. While the TV commercial shows “buy one, GET ONE FREE” and “try it for only $14.99” in large, bold print, we can see in smaller, lighter print, “call for details”.
The Real Cost of the Instyler
According to the newinstyler.com website, these are the details for the $14.99 Instyler 30 day trial:
Try the InStyler Ionic Ceramic for only $14.99 (plus $19.99 shipping and processing). When you order, get a second InStyler Ionic Ceramic FREE! After 30 days keep both InStylers for the price of one with three monthly payments of $39.99 (for a total of $154.95)
How much Does Instyler cost?
When you order the InStyler Ceramic, you pay $14.99 plus $19.99 for shipping – that is a total of $34.98. After 30 days, you must then make three more payments of $39.99. The grand total that you must pay for to try the Instyler for 30 days, and then keep it is $154.95. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, you will have to pay an additional $10. If you live in California, you will also have to pay state sales tax.
If you try the Instyler for 30 days and decide that you do not want to keep your Instyler after 30 days, you can return to with the following conditions:
- You must call 1-800-307-0078 to receive a Credit Return Authorization Number
- You must ship BOTH Instylers back within 5 days of getting your Credit Return Authorization number
- You must return both Insytlers in the original packaging, in as-new condition along with any media, documentation, and all other items that were included in the original shipment to you
- You must pay for the shipping and insurance on the shipment
After meeting the above conditions, you will then be refunded the purchase price MINUS the $14.99 trial, and MINUS the original $19.99 shipping fees.
How much do I have to pay for a $14.99 Instyler?
If you take advantage of the $14.99 30 day trial offer and return both Instylers (and meet the above conditions) your total cost will be $34.98 PLUS the cost of shipping and insuring the return packages (estimated at around $15-$25 more)
If you keep the two Instylers after 30 days your total cost will be $154.95 plus any applicable sales tax or fees mentioned above for certain states.
This commercial uses slightly deceptive wording that may confuse some people to believe that the new Instyler is 48% faster and easier than the previous one, and proclaims that you can try it for only $14.99 when in reality your minimum cost will be $34.98. When we asked, everyone considered this one of the most deceptive TV commercial’s they have ever seen.