The “One” Classic Safety Razor by Micro Touch commercial with Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars
The One Razor is a classic style reusable singled blade razor, just like dad and grandpa used.
Hi, I’m Rick Harrison and this is my pawnshop and after 25 years in business there’s one thing I’ve learned. You never know what’s going to walk through that door. Like this old fashioned safety razor. For almost 100 years the single blade was the best way to shave. Soldiers, presidents, even my pops used one. So why in the heck did the big razor companies start adding more and more blades? So they could start charging more and more money. Trust me, you only need one blade. That’s why I use the new MicroTouch One. It’s the modern version of this timeless classic.
Even professional barbers today still only use one blade to give their clients a perfect shave. Same as my Micro Touch One. One blade gives me one perfectly smooth and comfortable shave every time. And unlike those multi-blade razors that are tough to clean so gunk can build up and make them less effective, the Micro Touch One opens up with a simple twist. So you can easily rinse your blade and preserve the closeness of every shave. Which means your blades will last longer and it feels like a precision crafted machine right in the palm of your hand.
With the new Micro Touch One I save money, and you know I like that plus I get a perfectly smooth shave on my face and my beautiful bald head. Trust me, you are going to love this razor.
So why keep shelling out big bucks for multi blade razors that don’t really last when now you save money and get the best shave of your life with the Micro Touch One for only $19.99. It comes complete with 12 blades and a deluxe travel case. But as part of this limited TV introduction you’ll get 12 more blades free! That’s 24 blades, enough for a full year of smooth shaving.
Yes, you get it all and your satisfaction is guaranteed. So call or go online now.
Some things that Rick Harrison said and what they really mean:
- What Rick Harrison said: For almost 100 years the single blade was the best way to shave. Soldiers, presidents, even my pops used one
- What some people might think that means: Single blade razors are the best thing to shave with
- What he really said: Rick Harrison did not say that single edge blades are better than today’s cartridge razors, he said ”for almost 100 years, the single blade was the best way to shave.” Some people would point out that for 1000 years, horses were the best way to travel but this does not mean that horses are a better method of travel than a modern automobile.
- What the commercial said: So why in the heck did the big razor companies start adding more and more blades? So they could start charging more and more money.
- What some people might think that means: Single blade razors are cheaper to use than cartridge blades
- What it means: The Micro Touch One Razor commercial gives us no data to support this claim however a study done by Shaving101.com shows that single blade razors may not always be cheaper to use than a single or double edged blade such as the One Razor
- What the Television commercial said: unlike those multi-blade razors that are tough to clean so gunk can build up and make them less effective, the MicroTouch One opens up with a simple twist. So you can easily rinse your blade and preserve the closeness of every shave. Which means your blades will last longer
- What some people might think that means: The Micro Touch One razor will last longer than a cartridge or multi-blade razor
- Is it true?: No data is given to support the claim that multi-blade razors are tough to clean leading to them being less effective, likewise no data is given to support the claim that the One Razor blades will last longer as Rick Harrison says. However when we asked multiple men about how difficult their multi-bladed razors are to clean, they all responded with a variation of “just run it under the water for a few seconds and it always cleans just fine”. Some people may consider this statement to be misleading or deceptive.
- What Rick Harrison said: With the new Micro Touch One I save money, and you know I like that
- What some people might think that means: Using the Micro Touch One razor is cheaper than any multi-blade razor
- Is it true?: Based on the study done by Shaving101.com, this may not necessarily be true, however depending on what multi-blade razors the Touch One is compared to, it could be true.
- What the commercial said: But as part of this limited TV introduction you’ll get 12 more blades free
- What some people might think that means: I can get 12 more blades for free; I do not have to pay more money
- Is it true?: When Rick Harrison tells us that we can get 12 more blades for free, there is no fine print about restrictions that we usually see. It is not until the end of the commercial when we see that in order to get your free extra razors, you must pay an additional shipping and handling fee, however the cost for these fees are not shown anywhere. It is not until you visit the onerazor.com website and scroll to the bottom and read the order details that we can see that these “12 more free” blades will cost you $4.99. Many people might consider the use of the word “free” in this way as very deceptive.
In this commercial for the One Razor Rick Harrison makes several claims that are not backed up with any data to support them. The commercial also offers a “free” bonus which in reality is not free at all.