The HurryCane, Operation Mobility 100,000 Canes / HurryCane.com
This television advertisement tells us how we can give the gift of mobility (a Hurry Cane) to someone we love by taking part in HurryCane’s Operation Mobility which is offering 100,000 Hurry Canes at a historic low price. The HurryCane is very similar to the “knockoff” TrustyCane. You can see our review of the TrustyCane commercial HERE.
What this ad says:
(Announcer; while we see an elderly man sitting in the park): When someone you love has trouble getting around, a walk in the park is no walk in the park.
But what if you could give them the gift of mobility, empower them to walk whenever and where ever they wanted to go? Now you can. As part of the Operation Mobility event, we’re releasing 100,000 Hurry Canes at a historically low price. This new kind of walking cane is designed to tackle any terrain, fold up in seconds, and stand on it’s own.
(Actor portrayals of a Hurry Cane users): It has tremendously changed my ability to walk. I couldn’t go outside of my house until I got the HurryCane. I don’t know if you call this technology, but I call it a miracle. The Hurry Cane gave me my life back.
(Announcer): Now, giving the gift of mobility has never been easier. Request your Hurrycane at a historically low price plus free shipping by going to HURRYCANE.COM and entering the promo code below. That’s Hurrycane.com.
Phrases or claims and what they mean:
How much does the HurryCane cost?
According to the www.Hurrycane.com website, the Hurry Cane normally costs $69.95 but is now showing a special price of $39.95 (the price may be lower after entering the promo-code from the commercial). The cost for shipping is free and there is no additional cost for any hidden processing or handling fees. The only other cost is the legally required state sales tax if you live in AZ, CA, IN, KY, MN, PA, SC, TN, or VA, and this is clearly marked on the website before making your purchase.
- What the commercial says about the HurryCane: This new kind of walking cane is designed to tackle any terrain, fold up in seconds, and stand on it’s own
- What someone may think this means: I can use a Hurrycane to walk on anything, it folds up, and stands up by itself
- What it really means: These claims are clear, and without any room for deception
- What the announcer said: Request your Hurrycane at a historically low price plus free shipping
- What someone may think this means: This is the lowest price ever, and shipping is free
- What it really means: We have no way to know if this is the historically lowest price ever offered for this cane, but according to the website, it is currently marked down from $69.95 to only $39.95 as mentioned above. Shipping is free, and there are no hidden or deceptive handling or processing fees as with similar canes.
This commercial has virtually no deceptive wording and has no hidden costs or fees. The wording in this ad seems legit!