Scratch-Dini scratch remover
This commercial tells us how Scratch-dini with Carbopol EZ-3 removes paint scratches
What the announcer tells us:
It happens in the parking lot, when you’re parked on the street, it’ll even happen in your own garage. A scratch can happen anywhere! And who has hundreds to pay a body shop? Well now you can keep your money and get rid of expensive scratches easily with Scratchdini! The remarkable all new professional strength formula that makes surface scratches disappear. It couldn’t be easier! Just use a tiny bit of our revolutionary formula and like magic you’ll buff away the scratch in seconds. Watch again! Just use a little Scratch-dini and then literally wipe the scratch away! It’s that simple!
The magic behind Scratch-dini is Carbopol EZ3 and millions of micro particles that gently and effectively remove surface scratches with one easy step. Best of all it will work perfectly with any color finish, guaranteed!
You would never intentionally scratch your car but look how fast and easy Scratchdini fixes these nasty scratches in seconds. In fact it’s so versatile it works on motorcycles, RV’s, boats, and so much more!
(A. Capozzolo Mac Transportation): Our detail shop cant’ live without Scratch-dini. It’s our go-to fix and it works great.
So forget about paying a collision shop hundreds to sand, paint and buff-out scratches. Call now to get a huge 4-ounce tube of Scratch-dini, enough to fix hundreds of scratches for just $10. But wait, order now and get our revolutionary headlight restorer absolutely free!
Over time headlights can get dull and oxidized making them dim and dangerous. But watch! You can bring back the brightness so they’re like new in just seconds. Just look at how much safer and brighter your headlights can be. Amazing! But we’re not finished yet. Call right now and you can double the offer. That’s right you get a second set of Scratch-dini and Headlight Restorer free. Just pay separate processing and handling. You’ll get it all! Two tubes of Scratch-dini and two bottles of Headlight Restorer, a huge $35 value all for only $10. Don’t wait, call now!
Scratch-dini claims and what they mean:
- What the commercial said: now you can keep your money and get rid of expensive scratches easily with Scratchdini! The remarkable all new professional strength formula that makes surface scratches disappear.
- What some people might think that means: I can use Scratch-dini to remove all of the bad scratches on my car, just like shown on the commercial.
- What it really means: The key words in this claim are “that makes surface scratches disappear”. Surface scratches are tiny scratches only in the surface of the paint, or the surface of the clear-coat. A surface scratch is not the deep, down to the metal scratch or gouge that appear to be shown on the screen. Scratchdini claims to remove surface scratches only, even though the scratches and gouges depected on the screen appear to be much deeper and worse than simple surface scratches.
- What the commercial said: You would never intentionally scratch your car but look how fast and easy Scratchdini fixes these nasty scratches in seconds.
- What you might think this means: Scratchdini will remove any “nasty” scratch in my car’s paint.
- What it really means: Two times during the commercial it is clarified that Scratch-dini only removes “surface scratches”. In this portion of the commercial these scratches are referred to as “nasty scratches”. There is no technical definition or nomenclature for “nasty scratches”, however when comparing a “surface scratch” to what most people would consider a “nasty scratch”, most would say they are not the same.
- What A. Capozzolo of Mac Transportation said: Our detail shop cant’ live without Scratch-dini. It’s our go-to fix and it works great.
- What some people might think he said: Our detail shop uses Scratchdini for fixing bad scratches.
- What he really said: “A. Capozzolo” said the detail shop “cant live without Scratchdini”. He then said it’s their go-to fix, and that it works great. What A. Capozzolo never told us is what they use Scratchdini to fix, or what it works great for. It is up to the imagination of the viewer to assume or guess what Scratch-dini is actually fixing. A. Capoozzolo never said or claims that Scratch-dini works great for fixing scratches.
- What the commercial said: Call now to get a huge 4-ounce tube of Scratch-dini, enough to fix hundreds of scratches for just $10…you can double the offer. That’s right you get a second set of Scratch-dini and Headlight Restorer free. Just pay separate processing and handling. You’ll get it all! Two tubes of Scratch-dini and two bottles of Headlight Restorer, a huge $35 value all for only $10
- What someone might have though this means: I can get two bottles of Scratchdini and two bottles of Headlight Restorer and I only have to send in $10
- What it really means: One time during this commercial the announcer says “just pay separate processing and handling” but no other details are mentioned. Two times we are told we can get all of this “for only $10”.
How much does Scratch-dini really cost?
According to the www.Scratchdini.com website, your first bottle of Scratchdini is $10 plus $7.95 processing and handling. Your second “free” bottle of Scratch-dini and your second ‘free’ bottle of Headlight Restorer will cost you $7.95 more for shipping and handling. There also does not appear to be any way to refuse the “free” offers.
The total cost for your $10 bottle of Scratch-dini and free Headlight Restorer will be $25.90 ($10+$7.95+$7.95) – That is 2.5X more than the announcer leads us to believe.
This advertisement uses imagery and wording that some people may consider to be extremely deceptive.