Rocky Mountain Survival Knife with Thom Buck
This ad features claimed survival expert Thom Buck explaining why we need a survival knife and why the Rocky Mountain Knife is the best choice.
What Thom Buck says in this ad:
When you’re in the outdoors hunting, fishing or hiking or even prepping, experts will agree, if you had just one tool, it would be a survival knife. I’m Thom Buck. We all need to be prepared but the cost of survival is killing us. This is the Rocky Mountain Knife, and we think, you’re gunna like it.
The Rocky Mountain Knife is the one tool that has it all with a super sharp survival blade and serrated spine. It gives you all the strength you’ll need along with all the tools to get you out of trouble or keep you out of trouble.
For thousands of years man has depended on a cutting tool of some kind to help meet basic survival needs, food water, fire and shelter. But in the modern era disaster scenarios are occurring far more often. Whether it is a natural or man-made disaster you and your family must be prepared for anything. Simply unlock our handle and you’ll be equipped with our emergency preparedness kit with fishing line, whistle, NSA proof compass, and our True Spark flint for making fires anywhere, anytime, with virtually anything.
Only with the Rocky Mountain Knife can you catch, clean, cook, and consume. What more could you ask for? But if you don’t have it, it can’t help ya.
As part of our Survive America Campaign, we are offering a limited amount of Rocky Mountain Knives. That includes the emergency preparedness kit and durable nylon sheath and True Spark flint. Available direct from the factory at $14.99 introductory price. We will also equip you with this ultralight, ultra-strong paracord bracelet. Great for everyday solidarity or simply unravel and deploy the paracord in time of need.
That’s the Rocky Mountain Knife with emergency kit and paracord bracelet for $14.99. Please log on or call now.
Wording and claims used and what they mean:
- What the Thom Buck said: experts will agree, if you had just one tool, it would be a survival knife.
- What some people might think this means: All survival experts say that a survival knife is the best single tool to have
- What it really means: Listen/read what he said again, carefully: if you had just one tool, it would be a survival knife. He did not say “if you had to choose to have just one tool” or “the best tool to have would be”, he said “if you had just one tool, it would be a survival knife”. Perhaps this is a scripting error, or he just misspoke, but this statement as worded only means “if you had a tool, that tool would be a survival knife”.
- What the Thom Buck claimed: all the tools to get you out of trouble or keep you out of trouble.
- What some people might think this means: If I have this knife, I will never run into trouble, or it will get me out of any trouble.
- What it really means: His claim is clear “all the tools to get you out of trouble or keep you out of trouble”. However when we asked one person well versed in survival techniques, his opinion is that training and education are far more important to survival than any single tool. He went on to explain that any tool, without the proper training, is worthless.
- What the Thom Buck said in the ad: unlock our handle and you’ll be equipped with our emergency preparedness kit with fishing line, whistle, NSA proof compass, and our True Spark flint for making fires anywhere, anytime, with virtually anything.
- What someone may think it means: This knife has everything I need to survive in an emergency
- What it actually means: All of the items included with this knife can be helpful if in an outdoor survival situation.
The compass is NSA-proof?
We can find no online sources that describe what “NSA proof” means with regard to a compass, and this TV commercial provides no information about why we would need a compass with such capabilities. A compass is a simple device that has basically remained unchanged for hundreds of years and to claim that one is “NSA proof” may simply be advertising ‘hype’ designed to cash-in on the recent paranoia about NSA spying.
- What the commercial says: That’s the Rocky Mountain Knife with emergency kit and paracord bracelet for $14.99
- What some people might think this means: I can get this knife and the bracelet and I only have to send in $14.99
- What it actually means: When the price of $14.99 is shown onscreen, we can also see “plus s&h” in small print and when the bracelet is mentioned, we can also see “separate fee”. At no time in this commercial are we told how much this fee or the Shipping and Handling (S&H) will cost.
How much this $14.99 knife really costs:
- The price for the Rocky Mountain knife is $14.99
- The shipping and handling fee for the knife is $7.50
- Your free survival bracelet will cost $7.50 for processing and handling.
The total price for your $14.99 knife will be $30.48 ($14.99+$7.50+$7.50) basically double what we are told the cost is in the commercial. If you live in New Jersey, California, Alaska or Hawaii, there will be additional charges.
This ad uses some sales-hype that some people may consider slightly deceptive. Many people would consider the price claims of $14.99 to be extremely deceptive.