Wipe New “Restoring and Protecting” your car
Wipe New is a solution for “restoring and protecting” your car
Tired of faded bumpers, foggy headlights weathered, sun damaged vehicles? You’ve spent time and money applying products again and again to hide those embarrassing parts on your car only to have that work fade away. Not anymore, introducing WipeNew! The world’s longest lasting solution for restoring and protecting your vehicle! And we guarantee it to last for years. Just apply Wipe New once, it’s quick and easy to do. Just one swipe and watch your car turn showroom new. “I’ve been a professional auto-detailer 30 years. Now I restore faded plastic rather than just clean it and, I do it in no time at all. I apply Wipe New to bumpers, side panels, even dashes and interior plastic. Simply apply once and it lasts for years. Wipe New is the most revolutionary car care product that I have used in my entire career.” We applied Wipe New to the drivers side of this vehicle. We then sent this car through over 100 powerful car washes. Wipe New never faded or washed away, proving that the results will last for years of real world environmental exposure. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen it.. I got it about two years old and I’ve never seen it shine like this!”. And we guarantee it to last for years. Use it on bumpers, decorative outside panels, side view mirrors, even vinyl or leather car seats for a protected, show-room-new shine! Don’t spend a fortune on temporary fixes, order the revolutionary Wipe New for only $19.99. But wait! Order now and we’ll double the size, that’s enough for two cars. There’s still more! Order now and get the pro detailing kit with the headlight applicator bonus – just pay separate shipping and processing. That’s right, Wipe New restores your headlights too! Order now and get it all plus a two year guarantee, a $50 value for only $19.99. Order now.
Key phrases in this TV commercial and what they really mean:
- What the TV commercial said: We applied Wipe New to the drivers side of this vehicle. We then sent this car through over 100 powerful car washes. Wipe New never faded or washed away, proving that the results will last for years of real world environmental exposure.
- What some people might think that means: They proved that Wipe New lasts for years
- What it really means: The demonstration of running a car with Wipe New through a car wash only proves that Wipe New lasts after being run through 100 car washes. A car wash does simulate real world environmental exposure such as exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, ultraviolet (sun) exposure, driving hazards such as gravel, etc. Because a car wash in no way simulates real world environmental exposure as stated in the Wipe New TV commercial some people may view this statement as being deceitful and untrue.
- What the TV commercial said: we guarantee Wipe New to last for years
- What some people might think that means: Wipe New lasts for 2 years and if it doesn’t, I will get all of my money back
- What it really means: These are the terms of the Wipe New 2-Year Guarantee which are slightly worse than the average Money Back Guarantee scam:
Product is guaranteed (“Limited Warranty”) for two (2) years protection, from the date the Product was purchased, to the original purchaser (only) on most plastic, rubber, metal, acrylic, vinyl and chrome automotive surfaces (some exclusions apply). Product must be purchased directly from Company, or an authorized retailer of the Product, and 2) used exactly according to instructions supplied with Product. You must keep your ORIGINAL receipt or packing slip as proof of purchase.
DO NOT APPLY PRODUCT TO ANY PAINTED SURFACES, INCLUDING THE BODY METAL OF A VEHICLE. PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE ON PAINTED SURFACES AND MAY DAMAGE THOSE SURFACES.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover the Following:
- Surfaces that come in regular contact with oils from the skin and/or friction (i.e. vinyl/leather seats, steering wheels, gear shift knobs, etc) are not covered as these surfaces may require reapplication over time.
- Glass, mirrored and painted surfaces; use on these surfaces is at your own risk. Company disclaims all liability relating to application to these surfaces.
- Surfaces that have been damaged due to misuse, abuse or accident.
- Loss of time, loss of use, car rentals, or other incidental damages.
- Consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing property which is damaged if Product does not work properly).
If you have followed all instructions and warnings and Product fails to perform as advertised, Company will refund your purchase price, excluding shipping & processing costs. To request a refund, you are required to submit the following to Company for consideration:
Your original, legible, receipt showing the date, price and retailer from which Product was purchased (circle product, price and date on the receipt) or, if purchased online directly from the Company website or other authorized retailer, the original, legible, packing slip that accompanied your order that shows the retailer, your order number, date of order, and billing and shipping information. PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Legible photo(s) showing the clean surface(s) immediately before Product application.
Legible photo(s) of surface(s) “after” Product application that supports your claim.
Letter explaining your reason for dissatisfaction.
What the Wipe New Guarantee means and what you have to do for a refund of Wipe New:
- You have to keep your original sales receipt or packing slip
- The guarantee does not cover usage on your car’s paint (Wipe New is not intended to be used on paint, glass or mirrors)
- The guarantee does not cover use on seats, steering wheels or shifter knobs or any parts of your car regularly touched
- You must take pictures before using Wipe New and provide that photo along with a new, ‘after’ picture
- You must write a letter explaining why you want your money back or are not satisfied with the results of your Wipe New
- If your refund is approved, you will only receive a refund for the purchase price of your Wipe New. Shipping and processing fees are not included
- What the TV commercial said: Order now and get it all plus a two year guarantee, a $50 value for only $19.99
- What some people might think that means: I can get the double size Wipe New and all of the bonus products for only $19.99
- What it really means: As mentioned by the announcer on the TV commercial and in small-print on the screen, you must pay additional S&P (Shipping and processing). The total cost of your $19.99 Wipe New is actually $35.97 plus any sales tax for your state
Wipe New makes claims of “real world environmental use” which many people may think is very deceptive or false, offers a near-impossible-to-receive guarantee/refund offer, and makes the claim that you can get Wipe New and bonus products for $19.99 when in reality the cost is over $35.