Everyone knows that the Super Bowl is the biggest day of the year for television commercials. Millions will tune into The Super Bowl to watch the game, and no doubt thousands if not hundreds of thousands will tune in to ignore the game and watch only for the commercials. As the self appointed overseers of truthful advertising, AdFibs.com will be doing it’s best to parse every word of every commercial shown in this year’s Super Bowl.
We will keep this page updated as we learn what companies will be buying commercials during the Super Bowl and as they come available we will post our reviews of those commercials as usual, and link to them from this page.
What commercials will be in this year’s Super Bowl?
This is our current list of companies and products that will be in the Super Bowl this year:
- Hostmania.com (?): Former wrestler Hulk Hogan announced in mid-January that he had filmed a commercial for the Super Bowl. He gave no details about the commercial but many are guessing that the commercial could be for Hostmania, a new internet website hosting service started by the Hulkster. We have a Hostmania.com Super Bowl commercial marked with a strong ‘maybe‘.
- Doritos: We know that Doritos will be airing at least two new commercials during this year’s Super Bowl. Doritos is currently holding a contest with a prize of $1 million dollars to whoever creates the winning ad. So far the finalists are “Office Thief”, “Time Machine”, “The Finger Cleaner”, “Breakroom Ostrich”, and “Cowboy Kid”. You can view all of these potential Super Bowl commercials and vote for which you think should win at www.Doritos.com. Our personal favorite is “The Finger Cleaner“!
- Microsoft – Microsoft will feature a 60 second commercial that focuses on how people use their software. It is reported that the ad will feature Steve Gleason using a Microsoft Surface. Steve Gleason has been diagnosed with ALS, a neuro-muscular disease.
- Axe Body Spray
- H&M Underwear – Featuring David Beckham
- Toyota – The Toyota commercial will be for the 2015 Highlander
- Coke – Celebrating the people of America
- Wonderful Pistachios – “Get Crackin”, America”. Two commercials with Stephen Colbert
- Dannon Yogurt / Oikos / Chobani: “Full House” – The cast of the 1980’s television show Full House is will be reunited for this commercial. Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier are confirmed, it is not yet known if the “cute” baby twins, (now almost 30 years old) Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will also appear.
- Kia – Commercials for the new Kia K900, featuring Laurence Fishburne
- SodaStream – Actress Scarlett Johansson will perform what is sure to be a funny and sexy demonstration of the Soda Stream
- Transformers: Age of Extinction
- GoDaddy.com – For the 2014 GoDaddy.com Super Bowl commercial we are expecting a less-overtly sexy version than previous years. We will still see Danica Patrick, but this time she will be wearing a (very) realistic looking muscle-suit while she is either jogging or working out with other muscular people/weightlifters
- Nestle – New Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups (not to be confused with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups)
- Mars – M&M’s “Find out what happens to Yellow”. The abduction and kidnapping of the yellow M&M.
- Audi – This year’s Audi commercial will feature The Doberhuahua!
- Budweiser – Budweiser’s 2014 commercial is the love story between a puppy and one of the Budweiser Clydesdale horses.
- Bud Light – “Is Ian Really Up For Anything?” – You can see the full, long version of the Bud Light commercial here: 2014 Bud Light Superbowl Commercial.
- Jaguar – We expect to see a sexy commercial for the new Jaguar F-Type but this has not yet been confirmed.
- Pepsi – They have filmed this year’s commercial in Nebraska so we are calling this ad “The Middle of America”. The commercial will feature the local high school band and cheerleaders but exactly what the commercial about is still a mystery.
- BMW – 3 Series (not confirmed)
E-Trade:E-Trade has pulled-out of the 2014 Super Bowl and for the first time in as long as we can remember there will be no talking babies!
- Heinz – The Heinz company has booked a 30 second slot and will run a commercial related to a photo-contest.
We will keep this page updated as we learn more what companies will be advertising during the SuperBowl and what those commercials will be about.