Invati Hair System
In this commercial for Aveda Invati Hair products we see a woman with long, thick, dark hair and are told about the Invati System. The name of the actress that plays the dark haired women is: unknown. If you know the name of the Invati woman, please leave a comment below.
What the Invati commercial says:
Thicker, fuller hair is yours with Invati, new from Aveda. 97% naturally derived the Invati system reduces hair loss by 33% tapping the power of Ayurveda the ancient healing art of India. To exfoliate your scalp, thicken your hair and activate with Densiplex. Want to keep the hair you have longer? Get new Invati at an Aveda salon or store. Get yours at aveda.com
Statements made in the Invati commercial:
- What the woman in the commercial said: 97% naturally derived
- What some people might think that means: Invati is 97% natural so it must be good
- What it really means: According to the Aveda.com website Invati is made from mostly natural ingredients.
- What the woman in the commercial said: the Invati system reduces hair loss by 33%
- What some people might think that means: If I use Invati my hair loss will stop
- What it really means: On the screen in small print we can see the following footnote:
*Due to breakage, in a 12-week clinical test
Does Invati really prevent hair loss?
According to the footnote shown when the hair loss reduction claim is made, hair loss due to breakage was reduced by 33% over the course of a 12 week period. If your hair loss is due to anything other than the hair breaking, Invati will not reduce your hair loss.
- What the commercial said: reduces hair loss … tapping the power of Ayurveda the ancient healing art of India
- What some people might think that means: Invati uses the ancient healing arts of India and it will make my hair thicker and stronger
- What it really means: Ayurveda is an ancient art of healing from India which is based on clean living and involves regular bathing, cleansing of teeth, skin care, and eye washing. It also includes rubbing oils into the skin and head massage. There is no evidence that this will strengthen hair or prevent hair breakage. To learn more about Ayurveda, see this page.
- What the commercial says: thicken your hair and activate with Densiplex
- What some people might think that means: My hair will be thicker and activated because Invati uses Densiplex
What is Densiplex?
Densiplex is a trademarked term for Aveda’s “blend of Ayurvedic herbs including turmeric and ginseng“. On the Aveda.com website when the Densiplex “more info” button is clicked you are taken to a page for the Invati Scalp Revitalizer product which should be used twice a day along with the rest of the Invati system products.
- What the woman in the commercial said: Want to keep the hair you have longer? Get new Invati
- What some people might think that means: If I use Invati I will keep my hair for a longer time
- What it really means: As with one of the previous statements, if you are losing hair due to breakage then Invati may be able to help.
This Invati commercial uses only a little tricky wording and no outright deception. It seems mostly legit!