Centrum Silver Your Heart Is Amazing with the voice of Martin Sheen
In this commercial we see and are told how incredible the human heart is, and how we can take care of it with Centrum Silver Vitamins. The announcer (voice) speaking in this commercial is Martin Sheen.
What Martin Sheen says:
Your heart. It powers your body to walk enough stairs in a lifetime to climb the Empire State Building and then, climb it again, 1,000 times.
Your heart is amazing. Take care of it with Centrum Silver. Multivitamins with B vitamins and lycopene to help support your heart and packed with key nutrients to help support your eyes and brain too.
Centrum Silver for the most amazing parts of you.
Some of the claims or phrases used, and their real meaning:
- What Martin Sheen said: Your heart is amazing. Take care of it with Centrum Silver
- What some people might think that means: If I take these Centrum vitamins, my heart will be healthy
- What it really means: The commercial never actually says that these vitamins will make your heart healthy. Martin Sheen said “take care of it with Centrum Sliver”. While he says this we can see in fine print: “This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease” which seems to mean that if you have any kind of heart disease these vitamins are not intended to help, nor are these vitamins intended to prevent any kinds of diseases, presumably, including heart disease.
- What he said: Multivitamins with B vitamins and lycopene to help support your heart
- What some people might think that means: These vitamins will make my heart healthy
- What it really means: As with the previous claim, we see the fine print “This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease“, along with the “This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration” which means nothing said in this commercial has been reviewed or approved by the FDA. We also see more fine print which says “Not a replacement for cholesterol lowering drugs“, which means that if you have high cholesterol, these vitamins will not help. The actual wording used “help support” does not mean “will make healthy” – instead, these carefully chosen words may actually mean very little as far as claiming how much the vitamins will do toward making or keeping your heart healthy.
- What the commercial claimed: ..packed with key nutrients to help support your eyes and brain too
- What some people might think that means: These vitamins also make my brain and eyes healthy
- What it really means: As with the previous statement, the carefully chosen words “help support” are used instead of “will make your eyes and brain healthy” or “will keep your brain and eyes healthy”. To see more about how Centrum Vitamins claim to keep your eyes healthy, see our review of the Centrum Eyes TV Commercial.
This commercial uses some carefully chosen wording that many people may consider to be deliberate attempts at making the viewer believe that these vitamins do more for your heart that might actually be true.