Degree Deodorant More Motion = More Protection featuring MotionSense
Degree brand antiperspirant with Motion Sense claims to give you more protection, the more you move
Only Degree antiperspirant has Motion Sense activated by your movement. The more you move, the more it protects. Do more. Degree, it won’t let you down.
Key phrases in this ad and what they really mean:
- What the commercial said: Degree antiperspirant has Motion Sense activated by your movement
- What some people might think that means: Degree has motion sensors that turn on or work more when I move
- What it really means: The MotionSense commercial does clearly state that it’s new “Motion Sense” technology activates when you move. Although not actually motion sensors, and more likely small beads of antiperspirant activated through friction, there does not seem to be any deception in this statement
- What the commercial said: ..it won’t let you down
- What some people might think that means: Degree and will always work
- What it really means: The ad said only that it will not let you down without any specifics. It is up to the viewer to infer, guess or assume what this statement means.
This short commercial for Degree Motion Sense is big on hype, but small on deception.