EBates.com, Mom The Chief Purchasing Officer at home.
This ad has a mom who is her home’s “Chief Purchasing Officer” telling us how she saves money for her family by using Ebates (ebates.com). The name of the actress that plays the young girl/daughter is Piper Keesee. The name of the actress that plays “mom” is currently not known. If you know the name of this actress please leave a comment below.
What this commercial says:
(Mom): As my family’s chief purchasing officer I have a demanding job. How do I keep on-budget? I get paid to shop. It’s true! eBates pays me cash back whenever I shop. I signed up for free and now I save with coupons and special offers and every few weeks, Ebates sends me a big, fat check. Money I use to stay on budget, or, to treat myself (holds up a new pair of shoes).
(Announcer): Join free, now and get a $10 bonus
- What the lady in the commercial said: I get paid to shop
- What some people might think that means: If I use Ebates.com I will get paid every time I shop.
- What it really means: According to the Ebates.com website, when using Ebates.com for shopping, you will get rewarded in cash or gift cards, however you must shop at stores partnered or affiliated with Ebates.com.
- What the mom in the commercial said: I signed up [at ebates.com] for free
- What some people might think that means: It is free to use Ebates
- What it really means: Based on the information provided a www.ebates.com, it is free to sign up and use Ebates.
- What the lady in the commercial said: every few weeks, Ebates sends me a big, fat check
- What some people might think that means: If I use Ebates, I will get paid every few weeks.
- What it really means: According to the payment schedule at the ebates.com website, payments are sent out every 3 months. Some people may not consider 3 months a “few weeks”.
This commercial uses little, if any deceptive wording, and other than the definition of “every few weeks”, the wording in this ad seems legit!