Gray Away root concealer spray
This commercial for Gray Away from EverPro Beauty introduces us to Gray Away and explains how it can “spray the gray away”.
What the commercial says:
Two weeks after coloring your hair those gray roots start to show. EverPro Beauty introduces a revolutionary breakthrough in hair care with Gray Away. Spray the gray away in 10 seconds. It’s the smart solution to temporarily touch up gray roots. Gray Away’s rich formula lasts until your next shampoo. Unique color technology matches any hair color from root to tip. Gray Away looks and feels 100% natural.
Ever Pro Beauty Gray Away. Available in the hair care section at these fine stores
What the commercial says and what it really means:
- What the commercial said: a revolutionary breakthrough in hair care with Gray Away
- What some people might think that means: Gray Away is better because it’s revolutionary
- What it really means: The commercial does not compare Gray Away to any other products or claim that it is better than any of it’s competitors. The commercial says that Gray Away is “revolutionary”, meaning that it is completely different from anything previously available, but gives us no other information or data to back up this claim. Some people may consider this use of the word “revolutionary” to be deceptive, some may consider it simply “sales hype”.
- What the commercial claims: Spray the gray away in 10 seconds
- What some people might think that means: I can get rid of my gray roots in just 10 seconds
- What it really means: This claim is clear and can be understood to mean that your gray will be gone after spraying for only 10 seconds, however the product instructions listed at the EverProHairCare.com website do specify that after spraying you should wait 2 to 3 minutes before touching or styling your hair
- What the commercial said: matches any hair color from root to tip
- What some people might think that means: No matter what color my hair is I can use it and it will match my hair
- What it really means: This claim is also clear and without deception. The product information page at EverProHairCare.com confirms this claim by stating the following with regard to different colors of hair:
Each Gray Away shade blends with a wide range of hair colors. Choose the shade on the color chart which is closest to your hair color. If you are in between shades, choose the lighter shade of Gray Away.
The wording in this commercial may be a bit heavy on sales-hype, but it leaves little room for deception. This commercial seems legit!