Lipozene available at lipozene.com
This is one of several television commercials for Lipozene telling us how the product can help you lose weight.
What the commercial says:
When a diet pill sells over 1 million bottles it’s a good start. Over 10 million bottles it’s time to take notice. But when it sells over 10 million bottles it’s time to take notice, but when it sells over 20 million bottles, it’s time to try it. Now you can join the millions of people who have tried America’s number one selling diet supplement, Lipozene.
(Customer testimonials with before & after photos):
- I decided to try it and I lost 20 pounds with Lipozene (after ten weeks)
- I lost 35 pounds in 10 weeks using Lipozene
- I lost 7 inches off my waist and I lost 2 dress sizes (in twelve weeks) and I feel amazing
Lipozene has now sold over 20 million bottles, that’s because Lipozene really works. In fact, in a clinical study people who took Lipozene lost weight all while being asked not to change their lifestyle. That means they were asked not to change their diet, or exercise. They were simply instructed to take Lipozene and by just taking Lipozene they lost weight. But here’s where it gets really exciting. 78% of the weight they lost was pure body fat, not water, fat.
(Customer testimonials with before & after photos):
- Lipozene helped me take off all that body fat [15 pounds in 12 weeks] and I feel amazing
- I’m almost down to my high-school weight [36 pounds in five months], so I’m really lovin that
Now you can join the millions of people that have lost weight with Lipozene by trying it risk free for only $29.95. Lipozene is guaranteed to help you lose weight or your money back. But wait, call in the next 10 minutes and we’ll double your order absolutely free plus we’ll even pay for your shipping, but that’s still not all. To celebrate selling over 20 million bottles of Lipozene the company will give you a free bottle of MetaboUP with your order. That’s a $20 value, free. But you must call right now because this exclusive free offer is not available in stores. To order Lipozene call 1-800-643-1913
Statements and claims made and what they mean:
- What the commercial said: Now you can join the millions of people who have tried America’s number one selling diet supplement
- What some people might think that means: This product must work or it would not sell so many bottles
- What it really means: The number of bottles sold does not necessarily correlate to how well it works. It may correlate more closely to how many TV commercials or magazine advertisements the company has invested in. It also does not mean that 20 million people have used it as one person will need to buy multiple bottles.
- What the customer testimonials said: I decided to try it and I lost 20 pounds with Lipozene / I lost 35 pounds / I lost 7 inches off my waist and I lost 2 dress sizes
- What some people might think that means: These people lost a lot of weight, and all they did was take these pills
- What it might actually mean: The customers do not tell us if they also dieted, exercised, worked out, or were taking any other dietary supplements. None of these customers said they lost this weight by only taking Lipozene. One testimonial said “Lipozene helped me take off all that body fat”. This does not indicate that Lipozene was the only product that was used, how much he exercised, changed his diet, etc.
- What the commercial claims: a clinical study people who took Lipozene lost weight all while being asked not to change their lifestyle. That means they were asked not to change their diet, or exercise. They were simply instructed to take Lipozene and by just taking Lipozene they lost weight
- What some people might think that means: Medical science proves that I can use Lipozene to lose 15-35 pounds like the people on the commercial.
- What it really means: Based on one study shown at the www.Lipozene.com website, the average weight loss of the obese test-subjects was 5.5 pounds over an 8 week period. This is far from the results of 15-35 pounds lost by the people in the commercial. This does not mean that these people did not lose that much weight, but it may indicate that these people also adjusted their diets or exercised more, which the test subjects were asked not to do. Some people might be confused into thinking that the wording used with regard to the clinical studies (no change in diet or exercise) also applies to the customer testimonials, but it appears that it does not. In other words, you should not expect to lose 15-35 pounds without also changing your diet and exercise habits.
- What the commercial said: try[ing] it risk free for only $29.95. But wait, call in the next 10 minutes and we’ll double your order absolutely free plus
- What some people might think that means: I can lose 15-35 pounds like the people in the commercial and I only have to pay $29.95
- What it actually means: Based on the lipozene.com website, your order will be doubled and there are no extra fees for shipping or handling. This means you will get 2 bottles (60) pills, for $29.95.
How much Lipozene to you have to take to lose weight and how much does it really cost?
According to the Lipozene website, the recommended dosage is 6 pills per day. This means that your $29.95 introductory supply will last for 10 days. The testimonials given in the commercial indicate that they used the product for between 10 weeks and 5 months. If we use an average of 12 weeks, and use the regular price of $29.95 for a bottle of 30 pills (not the introductory offer after the first purchase), your total cost for using the product long enough to lose 15-35 pounds will be approximately $240
- What the commercial said: Lipozene is guaranteed to help you lose weight or your money back
- What some people might think that means: If I don’t lose all the weight that I want, I will get back all of the money that I paid
- What it really means: According to the www.Lipozene.com website, you have 30 days to request a refund after purchasing the pills. If you realize after 10 weeks that it is not working for you, your refund will only be for whatever you have purchased in the previous 30 days, not all 10 weeks worth. You must also pay to ship the unused pills back to the company
This commercial intertwines clinical study results with customer testimonials which may lead some viewers to believe that the product works better than claimed. The commercial may also confuse some viewers into thinking they will get a full money back guarantee of all they have paid while using the product, which is not the case.