2013 Macy’s Biggest Sale of the Year
This commercial tells us about all the great sales and deals at Macy’s for this one-day only sale.
It’s Macy’s biggest one-day sale Wednesday, with a preview day Tuesday. Get the lowest prices of the season with incredible door busters until 1PM. Charter Club & Club Room cashmere sweaters only $59.99. Puffer jackets for kids and juniors now $15.99. Get this one caret rosecut diamond bracelet $69.99. Take 40% of all stand mixers and food processors and save on 24 piece bedroom ensembles, now $97.99.
Macy’s biggest one day sale Wednesday with a preview day on Tuesday
Claims and statements in this commercial and what they mean:
- What the commercial said: Macy’s biggest one-day sale Wednesday
- What some people might think that means: This is a one-day sale
- What it really means: The commercial says “Macy’s biggest one-day sale Wednesday, with a preview day Tuesday”. This appears to mean that you can see and purchase everything on Tuesday, the “preview” day. If this is the case, then this one day sale is actually two days long
- What the commercial said: Get the lowest prices of the season
- What some people might think that means: These will be the lowest prices for the rest of 2013
- What it really means: The following fine print is shown when this claim is made:
Season defined as 11/3/13 – 2/1/14
Based on the fine print and other wording in the commercial, the items currently on sale will have the lowest price through February 1 2014. This does not necessarily mean that in a subsequent sale, other items not currently on sale may have lower prices.
- What the commercial said: Macy’s biggest one-day
- What some people might think that means: This will be the biggest sale for the rest of the season
- What it really means: The commercial says “Macy’s biggest one-day sale”. This means that Macy’s could have bigger or larger 2 day, 3-day, or other multiple-day sales with better sales or savings.
This commercial for a one-day sale that lasts two days contains wording that many people may consider somewhat deceptive or at the very least, confusing.