My Spy Bird House plus Up Close Bird Feeder
This commercial describes the My Spy Birdhouse and how fun it is for children.
What they tell us in this commercial:
Everybody loves to watch birds. But what happens when they disappear inside their house? Imagine if you could spy on the birds inside! Well now you can with the My Spy Birdhouse. The see through birdhouse that lets you spy inside without disturbing the birds.
MySpy Birdhouse has a crystal clear acrylic window that gives you the perfect window into the secret life of birds. It attaches to any glass window with all-weather suction cups that are strong enough to stay in place year round and it’s the perfect size for typical backyard bird species including Wrens, Nuthatches and Chickadees. And for birds that like to hang out it even has a front perch.
(James Currie, “Bird Expert”): The My Spy Birdhouse offers a safe and comfortable home for birds to raise their young. And with a little bit of patience you can peek into their world and witness the miracle of nature.
My Spy Birdhouse helps kids learn to observe and not disturb and keeps bird watchers of all ages enthralled. As you watch all the action of nest building and brood raising right up close season after season. You might even catch other family members sneaking a peak.
You can bring the magic of the My Spy Birdhouse to your home for $14.99 plus $7.99 processing and handling. It comes with an attachable 2-way mirror so you can see in, but birds can’t see out. And to give your bird family privacy so they can sleep you’ll get the Do Not Disturb curtain with your paid order. As a bonus we’ll include the My Spy Up-close Bird feeder that attaches right to your window for even more bird watching fun, plus separate processing and handling.
What the commercial says and what it means:
- What the commercial said: You can bring the magic of the My Spy Birdhouse to your home for $14.99 plus $7.99 processing and handling
- What most people would think this means: I can buy this and only pay $14.99 plus $7.99 more for shipping and handling
- What it really means: The announcer in this commercial clearly states the cost of the birdhouse and the additional cost of shipping and handling.
- What the commercial said: As a bonus we’ll include the My Spy Up-close Bird feeder that attaches right to your window for even more bird watching fun, plus separate processing and handling
- What some people might think that means: I can also get the bird feeder but I have to pay more for processing and handling
- What it really means: The announcer does say “plus separate processing and handling” but does not tell us how much these fees are, nor is it displayed anywhere on the screen.
The Myspybirdhouse.com website gives us the following information about how much more the Up Close Feeder will cost:
You will receive the MY SPY BIRDHOUSE with Privacy Curtain Card and the 2-Way Mirror Film for just $14.99 and $7.99 processing & handling. Each offer ordered today totals to $22.98. Or take advantage of our BONUS offer and receive the MY SPY BIRDHOUSE with Privacy Curtain Card and the 2-Way Mirror Film, along with the bonus MY SPY BIRDHOUSE Up Close Feeder for only $6.99 additional processing & handling. By taking advantage of the Bonus special today, each offer ordered will total to only $29.97
Based on this we can see that the additional cost for the Up Close Feeder is $6.99
This commercial does a good job of clearly stating the cost and additional fees, however finding out the additional cost for the ‘free’ bird feeder requires a trip to their website. Overall this ad uses no deception and stands head and shoulders above most similar commercials for clearly stating [most] costs and fees instead of hiding the fees in the fine print.