PC Matic “The Top Secret” with Rob Cheng available from www.PCMatic.com.
In this commercial, Rob Cheng, founder and CEO of PCMatic tells us about the big secret that antivirus companies don’t want you to know.
What Rob Cheng says in this ad:
Here’s a secret the big names in antivirus protection don’t want you to know. Products like Microsoft, AVG, Symantec, and McAfee don’t effectively block modern viruses. The use old technology to combat and increasingly sophisticated threat. Not with PCMatic. PC Matic uses a new, innovate approach that only allows trusted applications to run without sacrificing performance. PCMatic is like a VIP list for your PC. If you’re not on the list, you’re not getting in. PC Matic is so effective it stops Cryptolocker, a new threat that encrypts your files and then demands a ransom to retrieve them. Only PCMatic protects you from Cryptolocker.
PCMatic closes security holes in common software like Java and Flash. PC Matic blocks adware that hijacks online shopping. Plus, it’s affordable and easy to use.
Stop wasting time on a placebo that only makes you feel secure. Dump your old security software and get PC Matic it actually protects your computers and keeps them running great. Visit PCMatic.com. That’s pcmatic.com.
Update: It has been reported that this TV commercial displays a disclaimer that reads to the effect of “PC Matic does not guarantee that it will stop or block all viruses“, however we have not been able to verify this.
Claims made by Rob Cheng:
- What Rob Cheng said: Products like Microsoft, AVG, Symantec, and McAfee don’t effectively block modern viruses.. Not with PCMatic
- What some people might think that means: PCMatic will block every virus / My computer can only be safe if I use PC Matic
- What it really means: It is true that no antivirus will protect against every threat to your computer and this includes PCMatic.
- What Rob Cheng claims: PC Matic is so effective it stops Cryptolocker. Only PCMatic protects you from Cryptolocker.
- What you might think that meant: If my computer has Cryptolocker, PCMatic will remove or fix it.
- What it really means: Rob Cheng claimed that PC Matic will “stop” Cryptolocker, which means PCMatic can block it. If your computer is seized by Cryptolocker, PCMatic will not fix or cure it.
- Rob Cheng’s claim: PCMatic closes security holes in common software like Java and Flash
- What you might think that meant: The only way my computer will be safe from these security holes is by using PCMatic to close these holes
- What it actually means: PC Matic has a feature to download and install updates for software like Flash and Java that may have security holes. PCMatic does not “close” these holes itself as only the software manufacturers can do this. It is important to understand that you can also download and install these updates from the manufacturers, usually very simply, and always for free.
If I have a Mac do I need PC Matic?
The PCMatic software is made for PC’s, and the free download of PC Matic will not even run on a Mac. Not only does PC Matic not run on a Mac but since Windows viruses will not run on a Mac, it is not necessary.
This commercial uses some wording that many people may feel is slightly misleading however it makes no outright claims that are not true.