The Potato Express “Perfect Oven Baked Potatoes In Just 4 Minutes” by Liquid Focus, available from www.BuyPotatoExpress.com
This TV commercial currently airing in limited markets in the United States introduces us to the “Potato Express” and explains to us why it is the fastest, easiest way to cook perfect baked potatoes.
What this television ad says:
Everyone loves a delicious baked potato but cooking them in the oven takes 45 minutes and when you cook them in the microwave, they come out mushy and dry. Introducing Potato Express, the fastest, easiest way to cook perfect baked potatoes in just 4 minutes. Watch! Just slip the potatoes into the Potato Express and place it into the microwave. In just 4 minutes you’ll have perfect, steamy baked potatoes with a tender skin and delicious, fluffy inside.
The secret is in the unique insulation design that creates a steam-pocket to cook potatoes to perfection. Not too soggy, not too dry, just tender skin and fluffy potato goodness every time. Top potatoes with sour cream and chives, bacon and cheese, delicious chili potatoes, even broccoli and cheddar. Add sugar and marshmallows to sweet potatoes or yams. All natural Potato Express cooks up to 4 full sized potatoes in just 4 minutes, even cook red-potatoes fast to cut your prep time when making delicious potato salad or quickly prepare potatoes for savory mashed or crisp, tender potato skins.
But that’s not all!
Cook mouth-watering corn on the cob in in just 4 minutes. Rock hard bread? Potato Express reheats it to soft, doughy perfection. Machine washable and reusable. So stop wasting time baking potatoes in the oven.
Call now and get Potato Express complete with gourmet recipe guide for just $10. But wait! Call call right now and we’ll double the offer free, just pay processing and handling. As a bonus, you’ll also get our Super Slicer free! Instantly slice and dice bacon, chives, and cheese for toppings that please! Mince fresh herbs and spices, chop celery, onions, make fresh salsa, and more! You get it all! Two Potato Expresses, two recipe guides, and Super Slicer for just $10. Order now!
Some of the claims made and what they really mean or say:
- What the commercial claims: Everyone loves a delicious baked potato but cooking them in the oven takes 45 minutes
- What most people would probably think that means: If I want to cook a baked potato, it will take 45 minutes
- What it really means: This claim is true and without deception. Cooking a baked potato in the oven, generally takes approximately 45 minutes.
- What the commercial said: when you cook them [a potato] in the microwave, they come out mushy and dry
- What some people may think this means: You can’t bake a potato in the microwave because they always come out mushy, dry, and un-eatable, just like shown on the commercial.
- What it really means: It is true that when cooked improperly (too long) a baked potato can come out mushy or dry. However, when cooked properly, a potato can come out perfectly from the microwave oven, nothing like shown in the commercial.
- What the commercial said: Introducing Potato Express, the fastest, easiest way to cook perfect baked potatoes in just 4 minutes
- What most people might think this means: There is no faster or easier way to bake a potato. Potatoes will come out baked perfectly in only 4 minutes
- What it really means: This claim is clear, and without deception. The Liquid Focus company clearly claims that the Potato Express is the fastest and easiest way to perfectly cook baked potatoes, and in only 4 minutes.
- What the commercial said: Top potatoes with sour cream and chives, bacon and cheese, delicious chili potatoes, even broccoli and cheddar. Add sugar and marshmallows to sweet potatoes or yams.
- What most people might think it means: If I use the Potato Express I can add all of these great toppings.
- What it actually means: This is claim is true, however, it is just as possible to put all of these delicious toppings on a potato not baked in the Potato Express.
- What the commercial said: Call now and get Potato Express complete with gourmet recipe guide for just $10
- What someone who heard this may think it means: I can call now and get a Potato Express, and I only need to pay them $10
- What it really means: This statement was clear “get Potato Express with gourmet recipe guide for just $10”. There is no fine print on the screen, and the announcer does not mention any additional fees. However, after going to the www.BuyPotatoExpress.com website, we can see that this statement is false, as in order to buy a Potato Express, you must send in much more than only $10 (see below).
- What the commercial said: You get it all! Two Potato Expresses, two recipe guides, and Super Slicer for just $10
- What someone who heard this may think it means: I can call now and get TWO Potato Expresses, and cookbooks and I only need to pay them $10
- What it really means: This time the announcer mentions, and we can also see on the screen that we must also pay “shipping and handling”, but we are not told how much any of that costs. In order to discover the real cost for a Potato Express we must visit the www.BuyPotatoExpress.com website (which we have done fore you! See below).
The actual price for a Potato Express
Only after reading the small print, at the very bottom of the page on www.BuyPotatoExpress.com, do we discover how much the $10 Potato Express really costs. Your first Potato Express is $10, plus $6.99 shipping and handling. Your second, “free” one will cost $6.99 more for shipping and handling, and, there is also a $1 “WSF” (Web Service Fee) added to every order. The total price for your two, “Just $10” Potato Expresses will be $24.98 ($10+$6.99+$6.99+$1) – That is nearly two and a half times more than the announcer tells us the cost will be. But wait, that’s not all! If you live in California, you will have to pay an additional 8.25% sales tax and if you live in New Jersey, you will have to pay an additional 7% sales tax.
This commercial uses some wording that many people may find to be somewhat deceptive, and a “$10” price, that some people would agree to be outright false.