Stamps.com – Happy customers
In this television commercial we are told by several Stamps.com customers why they like and use the Stamps.com service.
What this commercial says:
(Tracey B – Customer since 2003): Stamps.com is the best; Can you print only stamps? No!
(Veronica B – Customer since 2009): I don’t have to leave my desk and get up and go to the Post Office anymore; They took a Post Office and sat it on my desk. It doesn’t take up any room, I don’t have to wait in line and it never closes; It gives you the exact amount of postage you need the instant you need it. Now it’s all under my control, and I like that
(Jeff W – Customer since 2003): There’s nothing worse than going to the Post Office and Waiting in line; It saves us so much time and money; I don’t leave the shop anymore
(Sandra B – Customer since 2001): Saves me a good 4 or 5 hours a week; The mailman picks it up;
(Terry A – Customer since 2006): Postage meters are a lot more expensive.
(Announcer): With Stamps.com you can buy and print real U.S. Postage for all your letters and packages so you’ll never have to go to the Post Office again.; Now you can avoid trips to the Post Office. Go to Stamps.com and get a 4-week, no risk trial. Learn more at Stamps.com/TV and get a 4 week trial plus $100 in extras including a scale and free postage to use during your trail. Go to Stamps.com/TV and never go to the Post Office again.
Claims made and their real meaning:
- What the customer testimonials said: I don’t have to leave my desk and get up and go to the Post Office anymore; The mailman picks it up; Postage meters are a lot more expensive; I don’t leave the shop anymore
- What some people might think that means: If I use Stamps.com I will never have to go to the Post Office again
- What it they really mean: All of the customer testimonials are clear and without room for deception. All of the claims made in this commercial are what they appear to be
- What the announcer says in the ad: With Stamps.com you can buy and print real U.S. Postage for all your letters and packages so you’ll never have to go to the Post Office again.; Now you can avoid trips to the Post Office
- What some people might think that means: If I use Stamps.com I will never have to go to the Post Office again / I can print my own postage at home
- What it they really mean: As with the customer testimonials, the wording used by the announcer is clear, and non-deceptive.
- What the announcer says in the commercial: Go to Stamps.com and get a 4-week, no risk trial. Learn more at Stamps.com/TV and get a 4 week trial plus $100 in extras including a scale and free postage to use during your trail
- What some people might think that means: I can try Stamps.com for free / no risk for a month and get $100 worth if stuff
- The Stamps.com $100 Offer: By visiting the Stamps.com/TV website we can find the following details on the no risk trial:
- $5 Instant FREE Postage to use during your trial
- Upon sign-up, we will put $5 in free postage into your account to use during your trial.
- $40 in Postage Coupons
- After you complete your trial period, you will receive a Supplies Kit in the mail which will include $40 in free postage coupons. The first $10 postage coupon is redeemable 30 days after sign-up, the second is redeemable 60 days after sign-up, the third is redeemable after 90 days and the fourth is redeemable after 120 days. If you stay with Stamps.com past the trial period, you will be charged $15.99 a month for the Stamps.com service, you can cancel your services at any time.
- FREE 5lb Digital Scale
- As a new Stamps.com customer you will receive a FREE 5 lb. Digital Scale. The scale is a $50 value and is yours to keep with no additional obligation. Just pay for shipping and handling (typically $9.99 or less).
- FREE Supplies Kit ($5 Value)
- You will receive a Supplies Kit in the mail which includes a Welcome Guide, free postage labels and the free postage and scale coupons. Remember, you don’t have to wait for the kit to arrive in order to use the service. Immediately after sign-up, you can start printing postage directly on envelopes and printing shipping labels on 8.5″x11″ plain paper!
- $5 Instant FREE Postage to use during your trial
Stamps.com does offer a free trial, but other than the $5 postage, the other $95 worth of extras are not available until you sign up as a full customer (cost of $15.99 per month), after the trial period. Some people may consider the wording used in the commercial regarding regarding the $100 extras and the free trial to be somewhat deceptive.
Are the actors in this commercial really customers?
While the customer testimonials are being given, there is no fine print or anything to indicate that the customers in this ad are actors. It appears that the people in this Stamps.com ad are genuine customers.
All of the customer claims made in this commercial are clear and without deception however some people may find the free trial and $100 offer to be somewhat confusing if not deceptive. Overall, the wording used in this TV commercial seems legit!