Side Socket Electric Plug
The Side Socket is a multiple outlet electric plug that swivels, allowing you to plug in cords more flush along your wall.
Plugging in electronics in tight spaces makes you twist and shout, then when you push furniture in bulky cables keep pushing it out. Not anymore! power it up with the Side Socket. The swiveling, multi plug miracle that allows you to move cords and furniture flush against the wall. It’s never been easier to plug in, pivot and power-up six different components turning this tangled disaster into a space saving master. SideSocket’s unique swiveling action creates extra space where you need it most and it’s perfect when reaching behind tight spaces. So go ahead, push back couches, chairs, tables and more to make every room bigger than before. Finally move kitchen appliances against the wall instantly increasing counter space.
Messy power strips clutter up the floor, they’re always in your way! But Side Socket lifts cables up keeping floors clean and clear. Equipped with optional anti surge protection Side Socket can protect all of your expensive electronics during against unexpected jolts and the sturdy construction can take virtually any punishment your family can dish out. Oh no! Smashing electrical cords is dangerous, but Side Socket swivels redirecting power, so you can safely slide all of your furniture back. Now organize behind stereos night stands and work benches or safely reroute power away from sinks with ease.
Bulky power strips cost as much as $100 and they don’t even swivel cords to the side. Call right now to get the SideSocket for just $10. If it ever cracks breaks or damages, even if it’s your fault we’ll replace it. But hold everything! To make this the most electrifying deal on TV we’re going to include another Side Socket FREE, just pay separate processing and handling.
That’s two Side Sockets and the lifetime warranty all for the low price of just $10. Call 1-800-608-2148 or order online at SideSocket.com.
Key words and phrases in this TV commercial and what they really mean:
- What the commercial said: make every room bigger than before
- What some people might think that means: If I use the SideSocket I will have more room
- What it really means: Based on average electrical plug size, moving an outward facing electrical plug to the side can save approximately 3 inches of space. However, the Side Socket itself is approximately 1 inch thick so the average space saving is approximately 2 inches. The statement that the SideSocket will “make every room bigger than before” is true, however the visual shown on the TV commercial of a man and woman suddenly surprised at how much larger their room is after using the Side Socket may be considered misleading by some people as the actual size increase is only a few inches per wall.
- What they said in the TV commercial: Messy power strips clutter up the floor, they’re always in your way! But Side Socket lifts cables up keeping floors clean and clear
- What some people might think that means: If I use a SideSocket I won’t have cables on the floor
- What it really means: Replacing power strip on the floor with a Side Socket can potentially keep the electric cords plugged in to that Side Socket away from the floor.
- What the commercial said: Side Socket can protect all of your expensive electronics during against unexpected jolts
- What some people might think that means: If I have a Side Socket my equipment will be protected from power spikes
- What it really means: The Side Socket does offer an optional surge protection unit as mentioned in the TV commercial. The cost for the surge protection socket is not mentioned in the TV commercial or anywhere on the sidesocket.com website until after you place your order and which point the $10 cost is revealed. Some people would consider the clever hiding of the Side Socket’s surge protection price as misleading.
- What the commercial says: Bulky power strips cost as much as $100
- What some people might think that means: If power strips are that expensive the Side Socket must be a great deal
- What it really means: A search of Lowes.com for “power strip” returns 11 results. The average cost of those power strips was $13. The highest priced power strip listed was $29.88. Searching for other “basic” power strips comparable to the SideSocket at other home improvement and hardware stores, the highest priced power strip we could find was $59. The only higher priced power strips were specialized and not comparable to the Side Socket. Considering these facts many people may consider this statement to be deceptive and false.
- What the commercial says: Call right now to get the SideSocket for just $10. … But hold everything! To make this the most electrifying deal on TV we’re going to include another Side Socket FREE
- What some people might think that means: I can get two Side Sockets and I will only have to pay $10
- What it really means: The commercial announcer does say, and it is printed in small print on the TV screen that you “just pay separate processing and handling”. This is the breakdown of the cost for your two Side Sockets with surge protection as described in this commercial:
- First Side Socket $10
- Surge Protection $10
- Shipping and processing $7.95
- Free Side Socket $0
- Surge Protection: $10
- Free Side Socket shipping and processing $7.95
Total out-of-pocket cost for your two $10 Side Sockets: $45.90 PLUS any state sales tax If your Side Socket is being shipped outside of the continental United States there is an additional $10 fee per Side Socket
- What the commercial says: If it ever cracks breaks or damages, even if it’s your fault we’ll replace it
- What some people might think that means: No matter what, if anything happens, I will always get another Side Socket for free
- What it really means: On the TV screen we see the Lifetime Replacement Warranty certificate that states: “If your Side Socket ever breaks, damages or fails for any reason, we’ll send you a replacement. Go to www.sidesocket.com for details and additional information regarding this offer. A check of sidesocket.com shows several “Lifetime Guarantee” images that say “Money back guarantee; LIFETIME GUARANTEE LESS P&H” but we are unable to find any other information or details for this replacement guarantee. With only this information we know that to get your replacement you will have to pay the Processing and Handling fee which is currently $7.95. It is also important to consider that as with any “lifetime guarantee” if the company goes out of business or vanishes in 6 months, your lifetime warranty vanishes with it. See our Money Back Guarantee scam page for more details.
This commercial for the Side Socket makes several claims and statements that many people would consider to be extremely deceptive or false.