Tria Hair Removal Laser
The Tria laser hair remover is a handheld laser device for permanent hair removal
If you love the look and feel of silky smooth skin but hate endless shaving and waxing, it’s time to get rid of that unwanted hair forever with the Tria Hair Removal Laser. The FDA-cleared Tria Hair Removal Laser will give you a lifetime of smooth skin for a price that anyone can afford. Only Tria offers an FDA cleared laser for home use. This is a real laser, the same laser used by professionals. The laser targets each hair follicle and stops hair from regrowing permanently.
Key words and phrases in this TV commercial and what they really mean:
- What they said: It’s time to get rid of that unwanted hair forever
- What some people might think that means: Anyone can permanently remove their unwanted hair by using the Tria laser
- What it really means: The Tria commercial does claim to give permanent hair removal results, however the commercial has a disclaimer in easy to read print-size that states: “Intended for use on fair to medium skin tones with medium to dark hair. Not for dark skin tones or gray, blonde or red hair. This means that if you have red hair, gray hair, blonde hair or dark skin tones, the Tria may not give permanent results, if it works at all.
- What they said: The FDA cleared Tria Removal system
- What some people might think that means: If it’s FDA approved, it must work
- What it really means: The FDA approval only means that it is approved for safe use. This in no way guarantees that it will work.
- What they said: A price anyone can afford
- What some people might think that means: It must be cheap, even I can afford it
- What it really means: To get the cost and pricing information for the Tria you have to visit their website. As of May 2013 the Tria laser price is $509.94 plus tax and shipping. The cost is automatically charged to your credit card over several months as part of the Tria “Easy Pay Offer”.
- What they said: The hair is gone.. That’s it, it doesn’t grow back.. No more shaving, no more waxing
- What some people might think that means: Most people would understand this to mean that Tria will remove all of your unwanted hair, forever
- What it really means: As mentioned above, Tria will permanently remove unwanted hair of certain types, and only in specific areas. Tria will not work on all hair or on all parts of the body.
- What they said: Guaranteed results / We guarantee you’ll start seeing those permanent results within 90 days or you can return the laser and get your money back.
- What some people might think that means: It is guaranteed to work/it will work to remove all hair, permanently, in 90 days
- What it really means: She said “..start seeing those permanent results within 90 days“; this does not mean you will have all of your hair removed permanently, within 90 days. The money back guarantee details at the Tria website do seem to indicate that if you are not satisfied for any reason and if you follow the return instructions, you will receive your money back.
The TV commercial for the Tria Hair Removal Laser uses minimal deceptive wording and displays the exceptions and disclaimers on the screen in print that is large enough to be easily read. What might be considered the most deceptive line of the commercial “A price anyone can afford” is clarified at the Tria website on the purchase-page so that each customer can decide for themselves if it is affordable or not. Overall, the wording in this TV commercial is mostly legit!