Viggle free app
In this TV commercial for the Viggle app, we are told that you can earn points by watching TV and trade those points in for fabulous prizes and products. The actor that plays the Viggle guy is unknown (if you know the actor’s name please leave a comment!).
What’s said in the Viggle commercial:
Have you seen this new, free app Viggle? Yah, it rewards you just for watching TV. It’s simple. Learn more about what’s on, play games and connect with friends, all while earning points. Here’s the best part. You can use your Viggle points for real rewards like gift cards. Or you can save your points for even bigger things like a tablet and headphones, or even a cruise vacation!
So there you have it. Now TV is more rewarding with Viggle.
Claims made in this Viggle commercial:
- What the Viggle guy said: Have you seen this new, free app Viggle?
- What some people might think that means: I can get the Viggle app for free
- What it really means: This claim is clear and without any deception and the Viggle app is indeed free
- What the Viggle guy said: it rewards you just for watching TV… all while earning points
- What some people might think that means: If I use the Viggle app I can get free stuff
- What it really means: Like the previous claim, this one has no room for deception. When you use the Viggle app you are rewarded in points for watching TV
- What the Viggle guy said: Now TV is more rewarding with Viggle
- What some people might think that means: Viggle rewards me for watching TV
- What it really means: Again, no deception or scam here. If you use the Viggle app properly, you will get rewarded for watching TV.
- What the commercial says: You can save your points for even bigger things like a tablet and headphones, or even a cruise vacation
- What some people might think that means: If I use Viggle I can get an iPad or win a free cruise
- What it really means: This is technically true. If you save enough points, you can redeem those points for some great gifts. However what is not mentioned is how many points you get for watching TV. Viggle pays you approximately 1 point for every minute of TV that you watch. And you must “check in” before watching a TV show to get points and you cannot channel surf away while watching (and still get full points). For a 1 hour TV show, you will usually receive about 60 Viggle points.
How much is a Viggle point worth?
Each Viggle point has a value of approximately 1/25th of a cent. That means you will get about 2 penny’s worth of Viggle points for watching a one-hour long TV show. You can get more points and bonus points for watching particular shows, but the overall value of each Viggle point is still fairly low. As you can probably calculate, to save up enough points for a $5,000 vacation cruise would take you a considerable amount time watching TV. It’s possible, so this claim is still technically true, but it’s not easy and will take a significant amount of time.
There is no deception in the Viggle TV commercial although it may lead some people to believe that it is “easy” to win great prizes which is not necessarily the case. Overall, this commercial seems legit!