XOut acne wash-in treatment with Tinashe
In this commercial for X Out Tinashe and other X Out users tell us how well XOut has worked for them.
What this X Out commercial says:
(Announcer): let’s be honest. If you’re struggling for Acne there’s a lot you can try. Pills, treatments and all sorts of routines. But think about the hassle and time it takes. Well now the makers of Proactiv have a proven acne treatment for teens that’s so revolutionary it does all that work for you in one simple step. Introducing X Out. You just wash in the medicine and rinse, X-Out does the rest.
(Tinashe): X Out is perfect because it’s only one step. All you have to do is wash your face, and that’s it.
(Announcer): Acclaimed singer and dancer Tinashe recently discovered X Out.
(Tinashe): I mostly break out right here (points to forehead) and right on my cheek. Not cute. X Out is the first product that really cleared up my skin. Thank you XOut!
(Announcer): X-Out is unlike any other acne solution because it’s the first ever wash-in treatment. Prescription grade medicine washes into pores and stays behind even after you rinse to fight acne all day long.
(X Out users): Now that I’ve been using X Out I don’t have red blotches on my skin anymore, they’re all gone. Over like a week my face just got really clear.
(Announcer): So if you want the faster, easier solution try XOut today for only $19.95 and for a limited time get free shipping. Plus order now and get our cleansing body bar free to keep body acne under control and it smells awesome. All this for just $19.95.
(XOut users): The first time using XOut you get results. Your face, it’s all smooth, and I’m like whoa my face has never felt like that.
(Announcer): After just one wash-in your skin feels instantly smoother, softer and less red and irritated because X Out has soothing ingredients and gentle coconut extracts and you can feel it working with a rush of icy cool.
(X Out customer): I love how it just gives me such a beautiful healthy glow
(Announcer): With X Out there are no sulfates, no parabens, dyes, no fillers, no drama. You can even use it in the shower, you’re done.
(XOut user): My friends are like “your skin clearing up!” I’m like, I know, it’s awesome right?
(Announcer): Now’s the part where you dial 1 800 208 0512 or go to xout.com to see more proof. But this offer with free shipping is for a limited time, so hurry.
Claims or statements made in the TV commercial and what they really mean:
- What the commercial said: ..now the makers of Proactiv have a proven acne treatment for teens that’s so revolutionary it does all that work for you in one simple step… Now that I’ve been using X Out I don’t have red blotches on my skin anymore, they’re all gone. Over like a week my face just got really clear.
- What some people might think that means: X Out is proven to work. It worked for the girls on the commercial so it will work that well for me.
- What it really means: The announcer says that X Out is “proven”, but gives no data or information to back up this claim. While showing before and after results of X Out users, the following fine print is shown:
Time and degree of results will vary
This means that even if X Out worked for the people in the commercial after days and even if it cleared their skin, it may take longer to work on you, and it may not work as good on you as it did on them.
- What the commercial said: Prescription grade medicine washes into pores and stays behind even after you rinse to fight acne all day long
- What some people might think that means: XOut is as good as prescription medicine
- What it really means: X Out is not a prescription medicine. Many people may think that this statement is intended into tricking people into thinking that it is prescription medicine or as good as prescription medicine.
- What the commercial said: The first time using XOut you get results. Your face, it’s all smooth, and I’m like whoa my face has never felt like that.
- What some people might think that means: X Out will clear up my skin the first time I use it
- What it really means: After the X Out user says that you get results the first time that you use it the announcer goes on to say “After just one wash-in your skin feels instantly smoother, softer and less red and irritated because X Out has soothing ingredients“. The results the user was referring to was “feeling smoother, softer and less irritated”, not less acne. Some people might consider this an attempt at fooling you into thinking that X Out will start clearing your skin the very first time that you use it.
- What the commercial said: try XOut today for only $19.95
- What some people might think that means: I can order X Out and I only have to pay $19.95
- What it really means: On the screen in nearly impossible to read, extremely fine print we can see the following:
Includes Auto-Delivery. Cancel anytime
More information about how much XOut costs is given at the xout.com website:
After 30 days you’ll receive a new 3 month supply of X Out every 90-days. You will always be notified by email prior to shipment. Need your X Out™ sooner? Got you covered. Want to delay your next shipment? No problem!
Does X Out Really Cost Only $19.95?
Technically, yes. However you must give your credit card information and agree to enroll for automatic delivery of a 90 day supply every 3 months, 30 days after you order. Your credit card would be billed $19.95 for your first shipment, then after 30 days, you will billed again for approximately $68 (shipping is not free after the first shipment) and every 90 days after that. However the xout.com website also states:
…which will conveniently be charged to the card you provide today unless you call to cancel. There is no commitment and no minimum to buy. To customize this program or future shipments and charges, call customer service anytime at 800-524-7952
So it appears that you can cancel at any time by calling X Out customer service.
This commercial for X Out uses a few deceptive tactics, and some people might think it tries to fool them into thinking that it works better or faster than it actually does.